Re: Audubon's Birds of America

In a message dated 5/18/01 6:50:58 AM, tcl@TELEPORT.COM writes:

<< My understanding is that the plates were sold by subscription, and it
was only years later, as the work was being completed that numerous
owners wanted to have them bound, >>

Jack,
I knew about the subscriptions, but was unaware of the later binding request.
I thought it was part of the package. But, it has now been 30 years since I
did any research on the Audubon.
Thanks for the clarification,
Bill Minter