Re: Audubon's Birds of America

Bill, Jack et al-
Two good sources for info on the Audobon's are:
The Double Elephant Folio: The Story of Audobon's Birds of America by
Waldemar H. Fries, ALA Chicago 1973 and
The Christies NY Sale Catalog John James Audobon The Birds of America
September 14 and 15 1987

We have a bound set at the Lilly. I ordered a cowhide from Hewitts for
repairing one volume of the set.

Jim Canary