Bookarts at the Bookery: Presentation and exhibition of work by book artist Carol Swartzott. Ithaca, NY

T H E   B O O K E R Y
Ithaca, NY's premier seller
of new and used books

is pleased to announce an Opening Event for

BOOKARTS AT THE BOOKERY
our new section devoted to fine press and artist books

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{

Please visit

SATURDAY, JUNE 9, 4:00 PM

for a special presentation by local book artist

CAROL SCHWARTZOTT

who will discuss and display her work incorporating printmaking
and collage techniques in small editions of artist books

A giveaway keepsake commemorating the event
will be available as supplies last

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{

On June 9th we will celebrate Bookarts at the Bookery's first six months.
We will be featuring our permanent stock of book arts titles for sale;
there will be giveaway keepsakes; and we will be hosting a presentation at
4 pm by renowned local artist CAROL SCHWARTZOTT.

CAROL SCHWARTZOTT
Book artist, printmaker, and mixed media artist Carol Schwartzott has
concentrated her recent work on small editions of handmade books. In
addition to imaginative constructions and format techniques, Carol's books
are further set apart by her intricately applied hand decoration process.
It is not unusual for her to employ hand printing, painting, collage, and
stenciling within one eclectic work-all of which in some way further
enhance the central motif of the work's text or theme. For her Bookarts at
the Bookery talk, she will discuss her detailed approach toward a new
project as well as show various examples of her work.

Carol's work has been acquired by The National Gallery of Art, The Victoria
& Albert Museum, The National Museum of Women in the Arts, The Smithsonian
Institute, Yale University Library, Scripps University, among many others.

BOOKARTS AT THE BOOKERY
There has been a rediscovery recently among artists, craftspeople, and fine
printers of the idea of the book as more than a mere vehicle for text,
inspired both by the rich tradition of the book-related crafts as well as
new directions in the book arts. The BOokery has dedicated itself to
providing one of the few retail outlets serving this burgeoning book arts
world. In The Bookery I, located in the Dewitt Mall in Ithaca, NY, you will
find our new stock of fine press and artist books, handcrafted books,
prints, broadsides, and portfolios. We currently have over 100 titles for
sale from nearly 50 fine presses and book artists from all over the U.S.,
Canada, and the United Kingdom. Reflecting a wide variety of book-related
crafts, innovative design, and artistic presentations, our continually
expanding stock is sure to hold something for book lovers of all kinds-from
playful $10 chapbooks to exquisitely produce deluxe editions displaying
painstaking craftsmanship.

BOOKARTS AT THE BOOKERY is located at BOOKERY I in the
Dewitt Building,
215 North Cayuga Street
Ithaca, NY 14850.
Hours: 10-6 Monday to Saturday