Disposing of Lead Type

We, at the Women's Studio Workshop in New York, are reorganizing our letterpress facilities. We have discovered a large amount of diseased type and fonts with missing letters. As a result, we are disposing of type and would like to find the proper way to do so. If anyone has knowledge of the best way to dispose of large amounts of lead type, could you let us know! Please email Stacey Kirby at pennies298@aol.com!

Thanks!
Stacey Kirby
Women's Studio Workshop
Rosendale, NY

P.S. If anyone is in the area this weekend (Sat and Sunday) we are having a huge yard sale that includes everything from furniture to handmade paper items to ceramic bowls (and maybe lead type)!!