Re: Tyvek melts beautifully

When they are stripping the the linings from spines of books needing
disbinding or a new spine, some binders use a heat gun or steam to soften
the adhesive (PVA) to remove all the old material.

Spines of books that have been bound using only hide glue and wheat paste
may be stripped with steam or the application of cold paste or moisture.