Community Memory Books

Good morning:

My local library is celebrating 15 years in its current building.  They've
come up with an idea to create a community book where each person writes a
paragraph of a story - a progressive story as it were.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with a project like this and some
ideas for fun bindings for individual pages (not signatures).  I'm sorry I
don't know how thick the finished books will be but the plan is that there
will be 15 of them - one for each year.

Any great ideas?

Artemis