Book Arts Intensive in New Hampshire

I am teaching a week long Book Arts Intensive offered at the AVA Gallery in
Lebanon, New Hampshire beginning June 18.

This week-long intensive will introduce the student to the world of book
editions.  Editions force you to think of ways to do the same thing over and
over with a minimum of time and effort.  The result is a run of a couple to a
couple of hundred books.  In this class, we will first make models of two
binding styles that lend themselves to small editions: the bucknaked sewnboards
binding and the four-needle book.

You will then choose one of these to use for your edition, which can be a
memoir, a photo journal, an alphabet book, or an abstract work.  For the
edition, we will discuss ideas and methods on how to make more than one book
without going crazy -- then go crazy making editions.  Tools and basic materials
are supplied by the instructor, but depending on your ideas, you may need to
bring some of your own.  Some bookmaking experience is preferable.

Full information on registering for this course can be found on AVA's web site:
http://www.avagallery.org/adult_courses.html#book

Scholarships are available.  Contact the AVA Gallery directly for information.

To learn more about the AVA Gallery, a not-for-profit community arts
organization, point your browser at:
http://www.avagallery.org

If you have any questions about the course, please contact Eric Alstrom at:
bookbinder@dartmouth.edu

Thanks,
Eric

 Eric Alstrom       Hanover, NH