Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 29 Jun 2001 to 30 Jun 2001 (#2001-173)

It's because of how you send your mail. What you want to do is just send it
as plain ascii text, with no formatting or styles. You probably also have
it set to "use quoted printable." Turning it off should help. I couldn't
tell what you were using to send, but this is what Eudora had in the help
file.

>Quoted-Printable Encoding
>
>If this is on, quoted-printable (QP) encoding may be used when sending
>messages that contain long lines of text or special characters. When on,
>it is used for all attachments. It is recommended that this button always
>be on.

The reason the =20 appears is that listserv has problems with this type of
text/code and puts in the characters, probably meaning something like "end
of line."  Perhaps there are others on the list who have a better
solution/explanation.

p.

At 04:50 PM 7/1/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Book List- What are those "=20s" that keep appearing on my e-mails when
>they post and what can I do to get rid of them?
>Alice Simpson

Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>