Re: Dahle 36" Cutter

I got this cutter a year ago or so with the express intent of being
able to cut large pieces of Davey board.  It has a huge and deadly
looking blade which seems to regularly go out of alignment (I probably
need to tighten it some).  But I don't seem to be able to cut the thick
board without considerable difficulty.  Even with the anchor that is
to hold the board in place, thick board shifts while cutting and is
rarely square when I finish.  I usually have to end up trimming with
the trusty old exacto, which I hate for cutting thick things (and which
is why I bought the cutter in the first place).  It consequently doesn't
get much use.

Perhaps someone else on the list has a more positive experience?

Take care,
Kim