Re: Info about paper needed

If you are talking about batik paper--paper decorated with wax and dye in the
same manner as fabric--I have been doing it for years. The best paper is
Sumi-e practice paper, a kozo paper that is very thin. On completion of the
process the final removal of the wax with an iron does not remove all of the
wax and the paper thus has a "body" it did not have before. I have used it in
a folded paper cover and also to cover boards with in bookmaking. It worked
well. But it sounds like you want something heavier. I have used Como drawing
(this one works best) Strathmore drawing and Mohawk Superfine with some
success. The temperature of the wax is very important with the heavier paper.
It must be hot enough to penetrate the paper.

Patty Grass