Re: DC

on 7/18/01 4:47 AM, leil lucy alexander at leillucy@YAHOO.COM wrote:

> Hello...
>
> I'm going to be in DC for the first time Aug 1-4.
> Although I am coming to sit on a grant panel, I am
> hoping to have some time to spend looking at book arts
> related things (and the Smithsonian!).
>
> I am wondering, are there any stores in particular
> which sell artists books, or places which I might want
> to go? I looked at the links, but it is difficult to
> tell without clicking on every one where they are.
>
> Many thanks
> leil
>
> =====
> UNSUB Book_Arts-L
> ALL COMMANDS GO TO:
> LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU

The Library of Congress is a must visit - my favorite place in DC!

Also, while not specifically focused on book arts, the Barnes and Noble in
Georgetown is quite nice.

Kramers' Books & Afterwords is a nice little bookshop/cafe in Dupont Circle
- best visited in the evening.

Best of luck,
Bob Douglas