fish glue

I have searched the Book Arts List Archives but they failed to offer up what I
was hunting for.

I am looking for a (not too convoluted) recipe to make fish glue. I want this to
use to make some gesso.

I am trying many recipes for gesso at the moment and some of them require
fish glue. I have been told that Seccotine is no longer available.

Any fish glue recipes would be greatly appreciated.
A source of supply in Australia for fish glue would also be appreciated.
May as well ask for any successful (?) gesso recipes while I'm in grovelling
mode.

cecilia sharpley
http://www.cecilia-letteringart.com
http://www.duckpond-design.com.au