Storing Wheat Paste

Hope you can clear my confusion. . .

I have always mixed wheat paste up, taken out what I need for a project and
stored the rest in the refrigerator.  I have never had any trouble with it,
but I'm now hearing that I should not be doing this.  I have evidently
missed the recent article about it.  Please advise.

Also in May, I was able to visit the preservation labs at the British
Library.  They were using an industrual sewing machine with nylon thread to
do encapsulation.  I have since heard that we were doing this here in the
States.  Why did we stop and are there any articles about it?

Pat McCarty
Book Group
Las Vegas, NV