Re: signed books

>>a)  While as a collector I have no desire to sell any of my books, does
>>it affect the value of the book having a tipped in signature page versus
>>having the author sign an actual page of the book?
>
>A signed first edition will generally be more valuable than a copy of the
>book with a signature on a separate piece of paper that has later been
>tipped in.

Agreed. In addition it is a good idea to get the signature on the the page
(generally the title page) that has the proof of edition. Then you have
proof that the author signed an actual first edition. A talented binder
could take a signed flyleaf from a later edition and bind it into a 1st. So
get the title page signed.

Steve