Shelf life of methyl cellulose

I'd be interested in knowing the group's experience with the shelf life of
methyl cellulose. I make a little bit at a time, and keep it in an airtight
jar. But I've wondered if there comes a point where it shouldn't be used, and
should be replaced with a fresh batch.

About how long does it stay good for? Would it last longer if refrigerated,
or would that change its physical properties?

Your thoughts?

Thank you,
Mike Stewart
We Speak Volumes