Re: Shelf life of methyl cellulose

My methyl cellulose batches last from 3-6 months, the thicker I make it, the
longer it takes to thin out. When it has gone off, it is very watery.
Refrigeration doesn't seem to make any difference. The best policy is to make
small batches and write the date you make it on the jar you store it in. I use
it regularly but try not to make more than I will use in a month when I make a
batch.
Emily Martin