on lacquering

'Invaluable tool for the conservators' is one comment on the following
book:

LACQUER: TECHNOLOGY  and CONSERVATION
by  Marianne Webb,  Butterworth - Heinemann, 2000

Furthermore, I found out that on lacquering from Islamic countries there
exist a book cataloguing Nasser D. Khalili's collection of Islamic
lacquered artifacts (with 450 pieces a large collection if not the
richest of the field):

LACQUER OF THE ISLAMIC LANDS

Nasser D. Khalili Collection of Islamic Art, v. 22

by Nasser D. Khalili, B. W. Robinson  and  Tim Stanley

London, New York; Nour Foundation in association with Azimuth Editions
and Oxford University Press. c. 1996-c.1997.
With a contribution by Marijeh Bayani

Since these books are a bit expensive for my penniless pockets at the
moment, I will have to go to the Robarts Library in Toronto to check
them first. But I have a hard time to get out of the house let alone go
to another town with this scorching heat. Frankly, right now I am
dreaming more of a shack on the Aegean sea, sitting at a table with its
4 legs and my 2 feet in the cool blue water, sipping raki perhaps..

Rezan
--
Rezan Peya Gökçen,
rgokcen@uoguelph.ca