Re: scorer/trimmer machine

There is a design and instructions for a creasing jig on page 1-6 of BOXES
FOR THE PROTECTION OF BOOKS published by Libary of Congress. I made several
out of scrap board  for a workshop I gave a few years ago. I have used the
one I kept for myself to score .020 cardboard, map folder stock, to make
phase boxes, other enclosures mentioned in the book, and miscellaneous
materials, but I don't think it would work with heavier binders' board. I
haven't tried scoring that or corrugated board, which I score successfully
with the tip of a bone folder. If I were making boxes often, I would be
looking for better equipment.

Actually, in constructing clamshell boxes and such, aren't the cut pieces
glued together instead of being folded? I could use a better cutter but I
have no room for one. I'm still using a square and mat knife. My faithful
printshop cuts large boards for me gratis,  a marvelous help. They cut
board just before the blade needs sharpening.

Betty