Fore-edge painting jig

I recently had a request concerning a stand on which to display fore-edge
paintings. I have not heard of any, but the artist must have used some kind
of a clamp to hold the fore-edge in position to paint it.

Has anyone heard of or seen such a device? Or better yet, know of a supplier?

Best regards,

Jeffrey A. Barr
Curator of Rare Books
Smathers Library East