Re: Plastic Covers

   I can certainly understand why a rare book dealer would want to put
mylar covers on books he or she was taking to a show or exhibit where
they might be handled by prospective buyers.  I would hope, however,
that the items were not being stored for any length of time in such
covers.  They do keep out dust and wet, but should any moisture be
trapped in the book quite a bit of mold damage could ensue before it was
noticed.
   I should think any dealer would be even more careful about storage
conditions than about display.
  Dorothy Africa