Re: Plastic Covers

>  Sometimes this is mylar. we have seen other plastic materials used as
>well and have seen evidence of mold on the surface of the plastic. j

        Once and a while we get a book in where the owner has used a
plastic that is not mylar.  It's more flexible and if I had to guess
I'd say it was a PVC or latex based material.

        Anyway, the point is that sometimes these alternate plastic
covers have bonded to the original covers.  They become so well
bonded that they are impossible to remove without destroying the
original cover.  In one case we were told that the book sat out in a
living room that gets a lot of sunshine.  That one we figured melted
to the original cover.  The other one I've seen had been stored on a
bookshelf away from direct sunlight but it still bonded.

Just my 2 cents.

Duncan

--
     "All my life I wanted to be someone;
   I guess I should have been more specific."

   Duncan   http://www.campbell-logan.com

        Campbell-Logan Bindery, Inc.
              Minneapolis, MN