Confused & needs help

After I inadvertencly unsubed a few weeks ago and got back on I've had =
trouble identifying the mode I originally got.

What I was getting was just the list of the subject headings for the =
day, clicking upon which would bring up the message itself.  I was able =
to scroll through subjects to one I was interested in and look, but not =
have to go through the whole day's stuff. =20

How do I get that back.  I've looked where I thought it might be, but in =
my dotage I'm obviously missing something.

Can you restore me to that condition?

Charles Schermerhorn