Re: Book Art vs. Book Arts

I agree with Sharon McCartney (below). We in the Cincinnati Book Arts
Society are also inclusive of many types of practitioners, so the term
"arts" (plural) seems more apt. When we were choosing our name, there was
some concern that the term "Society" would label us as a group of dabblers,
dilettantes and "ladies who lunch," etc., whereas most of our members are
established book artists of various stripe, and we have men, too. But the
resulting acronym was just too good to pass up (and by the way, art singular
or arts plural would have worked.)

Katie Harper
Cincinnati Book Arts Society (CBAS)