Re: Book Art vs. Book Arts

I am one of those teachers who teaches one day bookbinding classes, and
yes, I have taught at a local rubber stamp store. All of my students
have been thrilled to leave with a pretty book and at least two ( that I
know of ) students have gone on to create artist's books, altered books
and other amazing works. They have had their books displayed at local
Art Shows and are enjoying the glow that comes when people are eager to
pay money to own their creations.
I agree with Patricia when she says " And perhaps that student suddenly
realizes how much more there is to this once she tries to teach it. "
That indeed is why I belong to this list.
Rose Davidson
The PaperWorks Gallery