Re: Book Art vs. Book Arts

Roberta, I did not not intend my response to sound defensive, although
on re-reading it, it does. I don't feel judged. I simply didn't
articulate as well as others have since that the student of a one day
class on creating a handbound book/journal may go on to a higher form of
the book arts, bookbinding or book repair as life's work.  As a retailer
of handmade papers and bookbinding supplies in our small town, I depend
on the one day classes to build my clientele. Occasionally my students
will grow beyond my artistic or bookbinding ability, however, when they
share their successes with me, I and my business grows. I have much to
learn from this list and I welcome these discussions.