Re: Digital Camera Choice?

Olivia:

> Would members tell me what they think is currently the best digital camera
> with high resolution to use in photographing art books for a hard copy print

I have a Nikon 990, which I like. I think the biggest advantage of the
9xx series (950, 990, 995) is that they offer an exceptional macro
capability (2cm minimum focusing distance), which is very useful when
taking pictures of details. My biggest complaint about the 990 is the
design -- the lens unit rotates. It makes self-portraits a snap, but
makes it a little odd to take vertical shots.

I have some pictures on my web site of books taken with the 990:

http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~handel/Vol1No3/personal/book/

There are also some bad scans from a film camera as well. Book #7 is the
best close-up.

MJH

--
Mark  -- University of Michigan
Handel-- Current Location: Ann Arbor, MI