Re: Digital Camera Choice?

At 02:04 PM 8/27/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Would members tell me what they think is currently the best digital camera
>with high resolution to use in photographing art books for a hard copy print
>publication like a catalog or slick paper magazine?

As I suspected you got as many responses as you got responders.

I have an Olympus C3040 ($700) which I love, It's a 3Mpixel resolution
which can help somewhat in what it loses in its macro focusing
capabilities. Still it's done what I need it to do and has good
expandability. The key complaints I have are that the memory card that
comes with it is woefully inadequate (so I spent an extra $100 on a 128M
card) and it doesn't have a built-in battery recharger like almost every
other battery-draining device I own. But those are minor complaints given
all the pluses for this camera.

-dh

---
Don Hosek           dhosek@quixote.com    Quixote Digital Typography
312-953-3679        fax: 312-602-1014     orders: 877-634-1811
For information about SERIF: THE MAGAZINE OF TYPE & TYPOGRAPHY,
http://www.quixote.com/serif/ or mail serif-info@quixote.com
   Have you seen Sans Serif? http://www.quixote.com/serif/sans/