Re: The Days After - The World Has Changed

 I'm sorry to tell you that one of the best, if not the best, burn unit in the country at New York Hosp. Cornell (now Presbyterian) only had about 16 patients and I don't know the numbers at Bellvue.  My good friend was in the ER at 9am on Tues. and all throughout the day.  However, on a more positive note, a wonderful "miracle" story - another good friend's sister, Linda got out from the 88th floor of the Towers along with some co-workers.  They are in shock and terrified, but injuries only from all the falling debris.
We do need your prayers.  New York University students will be gathering today for support and have been volunteering where needed, along with all New Yorkers.
With much love, Mindy
  Paul T Werner <paul.werner@NYU.EDU> wrote: ***********************************************

>From time to time we hear the siren of an ambulance rushing downtown.
It's a cheerful sound, because it suggests someone at least has been
found alive. But those sirens are very few.

Thanks from all, for all you've done, and said.

Paul T Werner, New York