Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 17 Sep 2001 to 18 Sep 2001 (#2001-250)

time of unrelenting emotions. Last night unable to sleep, I turned on PBS and
listened to the Live from Lincoln Center concert, Brahm's Requiem.

As a person uncomfortable and somewhat an outsider in my own and other's
religions, music is my sacred place. In the glorious and emotional requiem
there was a reminder that for the most part the world is good, and that there
is hope.

PBS has provided quite exceptional programming over the past few days,
besides last night's concert, including among them Conversations with Bill
Moyers, with guests such as: Maya Angelou, Dr. R. Lifton, Dr. Diana Eck, even
my dear old friend, Mr. Rogers, once a father figure to my son.

 I salute the voices and songs of calm, reason and understanding at a time
when we need them.
Alice Simpson