Re: music for bookbinders

   I was glad to learn what other binders who have turned to the support of music
are listening to these days.  I find myself listening repeatedly to a brief
adagio from a sonata by Isabella Leonarda (d. 1704), and the chant Dios Itlazo
Nantzine (Beloved Mother of God in the native language Nahuatl) from Mexico by
Don Hernando Franco (ca. 1522-1580).  Thursday morning last week I was sewing a
text block for a workshop that weekend listening to them and found the
combination of music and sewing very theraputic.   I was doing the Shrewsbury
knotted tacket stitch,  (I hope you are reading this, Sally Key.  Irina taught me
the stitch learnt from you) and the music and rhythm of sewing and tightening the
stitch did wonders for me.
     I hope people will keep the list informed of the work created in response to
this tragedy in the next couple weeks, and what they are listening to.  I'd just
like to know.
   Dorothy Africa