Re: NYC weekend activity log

Friday I went to the opening at the Center for Book Arts (A Tale of Two
Cities).
I forced myself to go. The atmosphere there seemed forced, as though
everyone had made an effort to attend. I had trouble focussing on the
art in the showcases, but again, I forced myself to see. It was good to
talk with Ed Hutchins. His presence warmed the room. I left after half
an hour.

Saturday afternoon I went back to the Center for their annual open
house.
I brought my book works that were about NYC
and another one called MUSIC, and set them out. I talked with the other
artists and answered questions from the people who came. It was better,
but I talked too much, I was too eager to communicate in some way that
would squelch and cover up the wrenching sadness and creeping cold fear
that was the truth in my soul.

Saturday nite we were with friends in Brooklyn and ate in their garden.
We were
all very talkative. We were bleak, sad, angry, frightened and very very
silly. We laughted like kids. It was the first time.

Suze Rotolo