Re: bogus group e-mail

Apologies are in order (from an appreciative lurker) for a group e-mail
urging all to download "swap nut" enabling you to access free videos and
such.  Doyle & I received such an e-mail and made the mistake of clicking on
it -- obviously giving someone access to our address book.  We have heard
from many of our friends who have received messages we definitely didn't
write.  Virus?  McAfee doesn't detect it.  A friend of ours working for the
government advised us to type !00000 as the last name of a new entry in our
address book and leave the rest of the details blank.  It will appear as the
first entry and other computers not be able to enter our addresses.
Opinions are welcome, as we are totally puzzled as to how this could happen.
We value the lessons learned in this Book Arts forum and would like to
continue to lurk and learn.

Nancy O