glue applications

Hello,

I am new to the list and have really appreciated the great info. thanks.

I have a question about GLUES. Currently, I use 3M Super 777 Spray to affix
thin handmade paper and artwork on the front of the books I make and sell.
I hate the stuff, but it works so well for the application,  (thin
non-glumpy coat, sticks very well, can spray quite a few at a time).

But  I'm really ready for a switch. Its a environmentally bad product, and I
have to use a big mask, gloves and eye wear to use it.

Have people had good luck with double sided sticky paper that you cut?
or a more environmentally friendly glue?

Any ideas regarding products, methods or glue companies would be welcome.

-Anna Birch
Queen Oscar Designs