Heat and PVA

Hello List,

Looking for your expertise here. I've a large case I'm building, basically
a portfolio case, with boards about 20" x 27". I tend to work small, and
this size is a bit outside of my working comfort level. What I was
pondering was perhaps applying PVA to the materials, letting it dry, and
then reactivating it with a tacking iron and silicon release paper as I
build the case, working wet only where necessary--turn-ins, for instance.
The idea being that working dry will allow more control of the materials.

I am curious to hear from folks who have tried this before, curious to know
if the results were good or not so good and what, if any, quirks you came
across in the process.

Many thanks,
John Cutrone
Red Wagon Bookworks