Re: Japanese punch drill

In a message dated 12/18/01 8:38:01 AM, tbryan@THEZONE.NET writes:

<< I am having trouble with my punch drill- It jams on the way up, and I have
tried oiling and cleaning to no avail.
I am also curious to know if the tips can be sharpened  >>

You might go to your local hardware store and ask for a DRY lubricant (clear
or white) that has some Teflon -- I think it is called SLIDE ALL by Borden;
there may be others. Another possibility is graphite used on locks, but it
could be messy as it is black.

I have sharpened the outside of the tips with very-fine wet-dry emery, and
Crocus Cloth. A DREMEL would also help for some inside touchup, if needed.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695
814-793-4020