Re: virus alert

Hi all, I've been lurking but am now encouraged to come out. This notice
is a hoax, but a virus of sorts since it leads people to damage their own
computers. Here is an explanation from the US Dept. of Energy Computer
Incident Advisory Capability:

http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/HBMalCode.shtml#sulfnbk

In general, I would encourage everyone to do a few minutes of research on
any virus or security vulnerability announcement BEFORE taking any action
or propagating the warning. Good places to start are the CIAC
<http://www.ciac.org/ciac/>, Carnegie Mellon Computer Emergency Response
Team <http://www.cert.org/>, and your virus scanner vendor web site
(Symantec, McAfee, etc.)

Ben