James Robertson / Yolla Bolly Press

cc: LETPRESS, ExLibris

Sadly, I've learned recently that James Robertson, co-proprietor of the
Yolla Bolly Press, passed away November 23, 2001 at age 66, confirmed in
an obituary in the San Francisco Chronicle on 12/22/01.

Yolla Bolly Press, founded by Mr. Robertson and his wife Carolyn in 1974,
was located in Covelo, California, in Mendocino County, and has made more
than 25 wonderful, fine press, editioned books (the Press was featured in
PRINT magazine in May/June 2000).

>From the SFC obituary: "Friends described Mr. Robertson as a man with an
"artist's temperament" who approached his work with a deep sense of
integrity.  His books were "rigorously composed, simple and beautiful to
read," said Jon Beckmann, former publisher of Sierra Club Books...A
memorial is being planned for the afternoon of March 17 [2002] at the main
branch of the San Francisco Public Library."

(forgive me if this has been posted previously, but I did not find
any reference to his passing in the archives).

 Jim Carmin                               Multnomah County Library
 John Wilson Room Librarian               801 SW Tenth Avenue
 Central Library                          Portland, OR 97205-2597
 jimc@multcolib.org                       503-988-6287
 http://www.multnomah.lib.or.us/lib/about/mcl-wilson.html