Re: adhesives for collage

I like the acrylic mediums for paper collage, in particular Golden mediums. I use the gels. When the collage is finished I varnish it with the Golden Varnish with the UV filters to help prevent fading of printed pages.

To adhere objects, such as coins, washers, jewelry, I use Aleene's Extra Thick Designer Tacky Glue. It holds quite well and is dry (thick) enough to hold the objects almost immediately. Second to this would be a silicone glue.

It is not good to use a glue gun on objects because it eventually dries out and cracks off - I know from experience.

When using "Natural Objects" in collage, it is best to coat them with  an acrylic medium, to keep them from drying out and flaking over time.

Jacqueline Sullivan