Fwd: Help for Library, University of Asmara

Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 16:38:17 EST
From: PamLong123@cs.com

Hello,
I am a historian of science and technology --  In the process of
supervising the review of a manuscript,  I have been made aware of the
unfortunate situation of the library at the University of Asmara in
Eritrea. During the war with Ethiopia, the library at the university
was looted and the books destroyed. Apparently there is a librarian and
a library building, but no books. I've undertaken a small campaign to
help by sending books and urging others to send books to this library --
 back issues of journals that you no longer want, science books,
history books, really, they've said, ANY books would be welcome.  From
the US the cheapest way to send books is by SACK mail - package the
books, a minimum of 11 pounds and it is then $1 per pound. Take to post
office and mention sack mail. The address is:

University Librarian
University of Asmara
P.O. Box 1220
Asmara, Eritrea

many thanks. Pam Long (independent historian)