ANOTHER: Help with formatting QUESTION

Does anyone know how to get or "format" a HP DeskJet 540 to print with
Windows 95?  I believe it was originally designed to work with Windows 3.1.
and--it used to print beautifully for me--on handmade paper, before the
switch to a computer with Windows 95.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,
Olivia