Re: Book & Paper EDIBLE BOOKS

At 06:25 PM 2/12/02 -0700, you wrote:

>Greetings,
>For several years I have seen invitationals for the Edible Book Event, but
have never heard of any of the books produced. Any one care to discuss the
books, materials, customs, etc. of such an event?
>Big thanks,
>~kat
 I, too, had read announcements about the Edible Book events and wondered
how in the world books could be made and EATEN! All I could do was wonder
because going to one of these events was an impossibility for me ---until
now.

My daughter, grandson and I have made plans to fly from California to
Connecticut to visit family over the Easter weekend. On Monday, April 1,
we'll go to New York City, the very day of the Edible Book Show at the
Center for the Book Arts at 6 PM. I am ecstatic! To think our plans were
made before I knew about the Event! We'll get to the Center early in order
to see the Rare Books of the Future exhibit first.

I am looking forward to meeting other List members at the show. Please
write off-list if you will be there, and be sure to introduce yourself to
me. Maybe there will be name tags.

I read the post this morning about the Edible Books affairs all over the
world and looked at the pictures of last year's show in New York City. It's
going to be great fun.

In anticipation,

Betty
Betty Storz