printing on plastic?

Hi All,
I have this yummy luscious vinyl, .02 ml thick, that I am painting/putting
text onto.  It is matte.  I don't have access to a letterpress at the moment
but I did wonder about letterpressing onto it. Anyone with experience
letterpressing onto such stuff?

Are there any image transfer methods I could use - I tried wetting a xerox
and ironing it onto the plastic somehow hoping against all common sense that
it would work without wrinkling the plastic.  Um, no.  Are there any
solvents that can be used to transfer from a photocopy?

Siri Huntoon