Re: sources for specially-grained goatskin

When I made custom orders (some years ago through Bookbinder's Warehouse),
Karen Crisalli always said to allow at least three months for preparation of
the skin AND delivery to her.  I believe she said her orders were sent
surface, which means by water to me, and that is slower than we've come to
expect.  From mid-November to mid-February is "just three months".

Perhaps the problem is in the understanding by the person taking the order of
just how the system they are using works, assuming that it hasn't changed.  I
always tried to talk with the OWNER of the business, if I could.  Karen was
very knowledgeable and helpful when she ran BB W'house, and Cindy is also
knowledgeable and helpful about her stock and procedures.  But you gotta talk
to the right person, and you gotta ask the right questions.  Add to
that--being on the west coast means most everything you need isn't nearby.

Carol
Eugene, OR