Re: Bottling - A bookbinding term?

I don't really know much about these terms personally but I have found the following definitions...
>From the Printindustry.com site....
Shingling
Allowance, made during paste-up or stripping, to compensate for creep. Creep is the problem; shingling is the solution. Also called stair stepping and progressive margins.

>From the gtscompanies.com
bottling
The process of skewing pages to compensate for paper thickness as it is folded. Primarily used on signatures designed for large web or large sheet-fed presses

My friends in the printing business haven't heard of either of these terms but use creep and skew....

Hope this helps,
Dave Allen

Dave Allen
Beddall Bookbinding