Re: printing on plastic?

Hi Siri,
I'm not sure if this will be helpful to you or not, but I learned how to
make transfers from photocopies from Tim Ely.  It goes like this....you make
the photocopy, and, while it is "fresh"(within an hour of printing), you
apply a coat of acrylic polymer medium.  You might like to do two or three
coats(it needs to be even).  Then, when it is all dry, you soak the
polymered photocopy in warm water for a  few minutes.  Then you  place the
image/text face down on an appropriate surface and gently peel/roll the
paper off the back.  It is a careful time consuming job, as the polymer can
easily be torn. You sometimes have to re-wet the surface while you are
working. What you get is a polymer surface with the image on it and this can
then be applied(with more polymer) to another surface.  One aspect that you
may not enjoy is that the brushstrokes of the polymer are fairly textural
and that may be at odds with your vinyl.  Also, I have only used this method
on fairly small images(5" x 8"was the largest). So a page of text would be
challenging.  Hope this was interesting if not actually helpful!
Cheers,
Dana