Gateways to the Changing Landscape of Art Information, Glasgow, United Kingdom

Gateways to the Changing Landscape of Art Information:   ARLIS /UK &
Ireland Annual Conference 2002
15 to 18 August 2002, Glasgow, United Kingdom

ARLIS/UK & Ireland is thrilled to announce that its
Conference this August is to be in Glasgow - European
City of Culture 1990 and UK City of Architecture and
Design - and one of Europe's most vibrant and
cosmopolitan cities. The conference will immediately
precede IFLA 2002, also in Glasgow.

Our theme Gateways to the changing landscape of
art information will confront the challenges we all face: the
digital imperative; users' changing needs; the lifelong
learning agenda; safeguarding our cultural heritage.
And the city itself has so much to offer, with its flourishing
arts community and world-renowned museums and
galleries - Glasgow School of Art, the Burrell Collection,
the University of Glasgow with its famous collection of
work by Mackintosh and Whistler to name but a few. The
contemporary art scene buzzes too: Tramway is one of
the largest and most innovative art spaces in the UK,
the Centre for Contemporary Art, the Lighthouse and
Transmission Gallery are setting the pace for our newest
young artists. We look forward to meeting you all there.

Enquiries: Sonia French, Administrator ARLIS/UK &
Ireland, 18 College Road, Bromsgrove, B60 2NE, UK
Tel/Fax: 01527 579298.

E-mail enquiries: sfrench@arlis.demon.co.uk

Website: http://arlis.nal.vam.ac.uk/even/conf.html

Organized by: ARLIS /UK & Ireland Art Libraries Society