Cutting Plates

I want to cut down an aluminum printing plate to use as a template for
cutting leather. Wondering what I should use to cut the plate? It's very
thin, and it seems like it could be cut on my Kutrimmer, but I'm worried
about ruining the blade. Cutting it with a knife seems painful like
finger nails on a chalk board. Any hints or ideas?

Thanks,

Laura