Re: pasta & books

I, like Michelle, was wondering if it was done with the same acid used for tree
calfing.  I have seen such bindings on which large sections of the leather were
masked off leaving wonderful swirling patterns on the surface left exposed.  I
am sure it was very difficult to do, and I don't recall seeing it on vellum.  I
would doubt it would be very successful, but I claim neither expertise or
familiarity with the technique.
 Dorothy Africa