Re: Cutting Davey Binders Board

For a number of years I used a simple, standard paper
cutter with a 24 inch table or bed for cutting Davey
Board, sharpening the blade often and making sure that
the cut did not go out of square. I never had a
problem apart from the fact that it took more force to
cut a sheet of board than it does with the board
cutter I finally got. (And that cutter was originally
a large leather cutter from a tannery that went out of
business and sold its equipment.) So long as you keep
the blade sharp and are willing to use a little muscle
to cut board, I don't see any particular reason why a
paper cutter can't work fairly well. The only minor
problem that I recall ever having was that, when the
blade would dull a bit, the cut edge of the board
would have a slight burr, but that could be sanded off
very easily, and it would be my cue to sharpen the
blade.

Don Pollock