Stone

>What stone do you use to sharpen the blade?

The same old oilstone that sharpens the other blades (paring knife,
plough). I hold it against the beveled edge of the curved blade and
make a circular motion as I go up and down the blade. Usually the
entire blade doesn't need sharpening. It rarely makes a burr, but if
it does I hold the stone flat against the flat edge (of the curved
blade) and remove the burr. It just takes a few light strokes to keep
the blade sharp.  The table blade occasionally needs a brief swipe on
each edge. After sharpening I clean the blade with alcohol to remove
any oil.

The most important thing is to keep the curved blade properly aligned
parallel to the table blade and just in very light contact with it, so
it makes an even quiet swishing sound when you cut. The blade has two
simple adjustments in the back. One makes the blade parallel to the
table blade with two small screws. The other, the main bearing screws
(fulcrum), controls the distance between the blades. In both
adjustments one screw is loosened a bit and the other tightened. On
some old cutting tables where the blade has been abused it may be
necessary to shim it with paper where the blade screws on to
compensate for uneven wear or bending.

Hey Bill, is that video available yet?

--
 Richard